Host an English-speaking tutor at home to improve your family’s level of English. Most of our language tutors are Americans who come to live with you, and teach you for 15 hours per week to explain grammar points or simply to converse with you in English, free of charge.
AFJ Tutoring is a cultural exchange programme which benefits the entire family. This linguistic immersion at home enables your children to improve their English and to quickly and easily gain confidence when using it. This programme enables the whole family to learn in a natural way, and it encourages your children to be more open-minded thanks to the discovery of a new culture.
PLEASE NOTE: The Tutoring programme is different to hosting an au pair. The tutor’s role is not to help you to look after your children or to do the housework.
PLEASE NOTE: the payment is made after you have been introduced to your tutor
PLEASE NOTE: the payment is made after your tutor’s placement has been confirmed
Your tutor’s work is unpaid. You simply accommodate them, cook for them and treat them as you would a member of your family.
The cost of flights and French classes, should your tutor decide they want to take any, is your tutor’s responsibilty.
We also ask that tutors take out insurance before arriving that will cover them fully during their stay in France (health, public liability, repatriation).
1. Sign-up on our website to receive a registration form for our Tutoring programme. Click here to apply.
2. Complete your dossier and be sure to include all the necessary information – your dossier should reflect your family.
3. AFJ will send you the profiles of their candidates, all of whom have been very carefully chosen by AFJ’s foreign agents.
4. Consider the profiles and contact your preferred candidate to organise an interview.
5. If your preferred tutor is also interested in working together, sign the placement agreement.
6. Prepare for your tutor’s arrival and be sure to give them a warm welcome.