PLEASE NOTE : Your au pair is neither a household employee nor a babysitter. In the case of pre-school age children (in the absence of 2 parents) or working hours which exceed 30 hours per week, you must choose an additional form of childcare which will reduce your au pair’s working hours: a nanny, a childcare nurse…
Include your au pair in everyday family life, consider them as a member of the family rather than a household employee.
PLEASE NOTE: The payment is made after you have been introduced to the first au pair candidate
PLEASE NOTE: the payment is made after the au pair placement has been confirmed
Please note: The minimum wage for an au pair is decided by the French Union of Au Pair Agencies, of which AFJ is an active member.
Placements are available all throughout the year depending on our availabilities and the au pair’s nationality.
1. Contact us or sign-up online to receive a registration form. Click here to register.
2. Fill in your dossier.
3. Finding your au pair: we will send you the profiles of the au pairs who meet your criteria and are best suited to you based on your family dossier.
4. Found a profile which interests you? With your permission, we will send your dossier to the candidate.
5. If the candidate is also interested in your family dossier, organise a Skype interview to get to know the candidate.
6. If both sides agree, the au pair placement will be finalized and you can sign the hosting contract.
7. If the au pair is from outside the EU, our agency will help you with the required paperwork for your au pair to get their visa (this process can take up to 2 months).
8. Take out an insurance policy for your au pair.
9. Arrival of your au pair.