Not French and would like to be an au pair in France? Go to this page!
PLEASE NOTE: Not all of our European destinations are open to male au pairs. Contact us to find out if your application is eligible for your preferred country. Our Au Pair in Australia and Au Pair in New Zealand prgrammes are open to male au pairs.
You will be paid in the form of an allowance. Your work in the host family is not a paid job but is considered more as household help. In exchange, you will be have your own room and meals will be provided by your host family for free and you will receive an allowance depending on your work hours, your host family and the country that you are staying in.
Generally, the allowance is at least €80 per week.
The au pair candidate is responsible for the following costs:
Depuis plus de 30 ans, nous plaçons des Au Pair dans l’Europe entière.
Contact us if your preferred destination is not on this list.
Click here for a destination outside of Europe.
1. Sign-up on our website to receive an au pair registration form. Click here to register.
2. Complete your dossier and be sure to include all the required documents.
3. AFJ sends your dossier to our carefully selected foreign agents.
4. Read through the families’ profiles and contact the one that interests you most for an interview.
5. When a family that interests you agrees to work with you, sign your au pair placement agreement.
6. Take out insurance and book your flights.
7. Make the most of your time abroad.
8. Come back more mature and with lots of wonderful memories.